From North to South, East to West, a travel Madagascar reserve you the best moments of escape and discovery. Madagascar is primarily an island continent, a country that stretches over 583,000 km ² of land, 2,000 km of coastline with at the same time tropical climate (on the Eastern part), hot and dry in the South and the mixture of both, with mild temperatures in the center of the country. With a very mixed population (African, Asian and Arabic) in number of 18 million and having unique customs, Madagascar reserves fascinating discoveries in terms of culture because of its 18 ethnic groups distributed in 22 regions.
For nature lovers, stay Madagascar offers a varied landscape, an invaluable resource in terms of biodiversity :
- the eastern part is characterized by its tropical forests (Perinet Andasibe, Ranomafana, Masoala, Marojejy), ideal for ecotourism and nature discovery (lemurs, chameleons, orchids and more than 12,000 endemic plant species) and is also a growing area of herbs and spices of various kinds (vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, cocoa, coffee ...)
- the south, with a warmer climate is formed by a landscape of savannah and arid area with natural canyons (Isalo), forest trees and cactus spines (Zombitse National Park) and beaches that stretch on the shores of the Indian Ocean
- the Central Zone is characterized by its highlands, rice terraces, architectures,...
- the North had a wide mountains landscape, National Park (Montagne d'Ambre, Montagne des Français), bays or discovery of typical planting are waiting you there
- the West: a barren landscape, a landscape of rocky points (Tsingy de Bemaraha, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO) and vegetation formed by baobab trees (trees over 40 m high and up to 10 m in circumference) where 6 of the 7 species that exist in the world grow only in Madagascar.
- small island tourist paradise with unique lagoons: St. Marie (for the discovery of whales in September) and Nosy-Be (planting of sugar cane, ylang ylang, ...)
Unique traditional festivals as the disinterment of the dead or "famadihana” (between July and September),"Savika” (a kind of bullfighting practiced in Betsileo region), the “Fitampoha” (tradition of the Royal Bath in the West of the country), the "Moraingy” (Traditional boxing ),... are all cultures of the country which makes it a world apart and inviting you to a discover.
At each stage in a town, meeting with local people, visit of its monuments, museums and local crafts will give an even more fascinating trip in Madagascar :
At Ambositra, the famous city for carving, an ancestral tradition, a step at the Zafimaniry village, a UNESCO heritage that has kept its charm of the past, as if its inhabitants still live in a very distant period.
Traditional festivals and music festivals, like the festival Donia, a real musical rendez-vous of neighboring islands in April, giving an even more fantastic trip.
Finally, the country is known for the very friendly hospitality and the smile of its people.
The main steps of the tour Madagascar :
The village Zafimaniry, national Park Ranomafana, reserve of Anja, the Canal des Pangalanes, the FCE train, the National Park of Isalo, the avenue of baobabs, tsingy of Bemaraha, the descent of the river Tsiribihina, Andasibe National Park, the Palmarium (Akanin'ny Nofy, Canal des Pangalanes Tamatave), tsingy of Ankarana, Montagne d'Ambre ...