Madagascar vacation packages from Canada
Top 3 Madagascar Vacation packages from Canada
Looking for Madagascar vacation packages from Canada ?
Madagascar, the fourth largest island in the world, is located off the eastern coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean. The country is home to some of the world’s most unique flora and fauna, including lemurs, chameleons, and baobab trees. For Canadian travelers, there are a variety of Madagascar vacation packages available that offer an opportunity to explore this fascinating destination.
One of popular Madagascar vacation packages from Canada is a wildlife tour. These tours typically include visits to national parks and reserves where travelers can see lemurs, chameleons, and other unique animals in their natural habitats. Some tours also include night walks to see nocturnal animals and visits to lemur sanctuaries, where travelers can learn about conservation efforts to protect these endangered primates.
Stays in beachfront bungalows or eco-lodges in Madagascar
Another popular vacation package is a beach holiday in Madagascar. The country’s coastline is dotted with idyllic beaches, many of which are relatively untouched by tourism. Some packages may include stays in beachfront bungalows or eco-lodges, as well as opportunities for snorkeling, diving, or other water sports. Some beach packages may also include visits to nearby islands, such as Nosy Be or Sainte Marie.
African safari in Madagascar
For those interested in culture and history, there are Madagascar vacation packages from Canada that focus on exploring the island’s unique blend of African, Asian, and European influences. These tours may include visits to traditional Malagasy villages, markets, and historical sites such as the Royal Palace in Antananarivo or the ancient city of Ambohimanga. Some packages may also include experiences such as traditional dance performances or cooking classes.
Tours for outdoors and sport lovers in Madagascar
One unique vacation package available in Madagascar is a trekking tour. These tours typically involve hiking through some of the island’s most stunning landscapes, such as the Tsingy de Bemaraha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its sharp limestone formations and unique wildlife. Trekking tours may also include visits to remote villages and encounters with local people who have maintained their traditional way of life.
When planning a Madagascar vacation package from Canada, it is important to consider the best time to visit. Madagascar has a tropical climate with two distinct seasons: a hot, rainy season from November to April and a cooler, drier season from May to October. The best time to visit depends on the specific activities and regions that travelers are interested in. For example, the dry season is the best time for trekking, while the rainy season is the best time for bird watching and seeing the lush, green landscapes.
TRavel from Canada to Madagascar
In terms of logistics, most Madagascar vacation packages from Canada will include flights from major cities such as Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver to Antananarivo, the country’s capital. Some packages may also include domestic flights to other regions of the country, as well as transportation, accommodations, and guided tours.
Overall, a Madagascar vacation package from Canada offers an opportunity to explore one of the world’s most unique destinations. Whether you are interested in wildlife, beaches, culture, history, or adventure, there is a package available that can cater to your interests. With its diverse landscapes, fascinating wildlife, and friendly people, Madagascar is sure to provide an unforgettable travel experience.
Which airport offers regular flights from Canada to Madagascar?
Ottawa, in the province of Ontario, is a city about 200 km west of Montreal. The airport of this Canadian capital offers regular flights to Canada and Madagascar. Residents of the province of Ontario, mainly from Gatineau, Cantley, Rockcliffe, Vanier, Nepean, Chelsea, Orleans, Ramsayville and Gloucester, can fly from the Ottawa airport (YOW) for their eventual trip to Madagascar. This paradise destination in the Indian Ocean has great tourism potential for North American travelers due to its geographical location, mega biodiversity and picturesque landscapes.
What is the distance from Canada to Madagascar from Ottawa?
From the city of Ottawa, Canada and Madagascar are 14,052 km apart. The flight time between Ottawa (YOW) and Antananarivo (TNR) airports is approximately 24 hours.
Which flights to choose for the Canada – Madagascar trip from Ottawa?
Several airlines operate from Canada to Madagascar route from the Ottawa airport.
Between Ottawa (YOW) and Antananarivo (TNR), there are only flights with stopovers in two or three European, North American or African cities, depending on the flight chosen:
Air Canada, Ethiopian (via Toronto, Addis Ababa),
Air Canada, Air France (via Montreal, Paris),
Air Canada, British Airways, Kenya Airways (via Montreal, London, Nairobi),
WestJet, Air France (via Toronto, Paris),
Air Canada, Delta, Kenya Airways (via Toronto, New York, Nairobi),
Air Canada, Lufthansa, Kenya Airways (via Montreal, Frankfurt, Nairobi)
United, Air France (via New York, Paris).
The flight time is approximately 22 to 28 hours depending on the flight, the route and the number of stopovers. The price of the plane tickets varies according to these parameters.
How to obtain a visa for your trip Canada – Madagascar?
There are 3 types of visas for travelers to Madagascar:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Student Visa.
Travelers must choose one of these visas depending on the purpose of their visit. For Canadian tourists, the tourist visa is mandatory and required for stays of 15 to 90 days, with no possibility of extension.
Travelers departing from Ottawa, Canada can obtain their visas online before leaving for Madagascar or upon arrival at Antananarivo airport.
To obtain a visa at the airport, you must have two blank pages in your passport and present your return ticket.
What are the tourist advantages of Madagascar for travelers from Canada ?
The tourism sector has highlighted Madagascar’s geographical assets to attract international travelers. The island of Madagascar is surrounded by about 5000 km of coastline with lagoons, cliffs and heavenly beaches. Madagascar is also distinguished by its reliefs and its singular ecosystems. The endemicity of its territory is one of the tourist arguments of Madagascar to attract tourists from Canada and the whole world.
The north of the country impresses by its primary forests, its picturesque rock formations, its archipelago and its paradisiacal coastal zones.
In the east, a humid tropical climate has developed a lush and diverse vegetation. It is also home to the best surfing and whalewatching spots in Madagascar. The west, hotter, dry and arid, is sublimated by a landscape formed by lagoons, coral reefs, mangroves and rugged relief.
The great South is not very touristic because of its isolation, but it is this isolation which makes its charm.
And finally the Central Highlands where the landscape and its stories invite to hikes and adventure treks.
What are the most important and great places to see the biodiversity of Madagascar?
Madagascar is a must-see destination for nature observation and the discovery of unique landscapes. The megabiodiversity of the Big Island often arouses the curiosity of international travelers. In Madagascar, green tourism represents about 55% of visitors. The biodiversity of Madagascar is concentrated in 5 places not to be missed:
Tsingy de Bemaraha are rock formations that originate from karst limestone deposits more than 200 million years ago. The Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park is home to animal and plant species of remarkable endemism.
Andasibe Mantadia National Park is a place not to be missed by nature lovers. There are several species of lemurs (14 diurnal and nocturnal species), reptiles, amphibians, birds and mammals. On the flora side, we discover evergreen plants, epiphytic plants, hardwoods, precious woods, pandanus, lianas, palms and endemic orchids.
The Isalo National Park is the Malagasy canyon with its 82 000 hectares of ruinous sandstone massif and composed of canyons, caves, waterfalls and natural pools. This spectacular landscape is home to many endemic species of fauna (lemurs, birds, reptiles, small mammals and amphibians) and flora (aloes, palm trees, ferns and pandanus).
The Ankarana National Park, in the north of the island, shelters an immense underground water network with its 11 spectacular caves and its Tsingy. Several species of animals have found refuge there: lemurs, birds, reptiles and bats. Atypical plants have also adapted to this unique ecosystem: pandamus, lianas, orchids, baobabs, etc.
The forest of Kirindy is a place to visit absolutely during a roadtrip in the west of Madagascar. This primary dry forest presents a high rate of endemism in fauna and flora. The tourists will have the chance to cross several species of diurnal and nocturnal lemurs, fosa, crocodiles, tortoises and birds.
Madagascar, an extraordinary and diverse nation, provides a vast range of exhilarating activities for visitors to explore during your Madagascar vacation packages from Canada. Whether you’re traveling from Canada to Madagascar or any other part of the world, you’ll find plenty of exciting things to do, including:
- Uncover the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its unique rock formations and diverse wildlife. Hike, climb, and explore the park’s canyons, caves, and forests.
- Observe the lemurs: With over 100 species of lemurs, Madagascar is a prime destination to witness these unique creatures in their natural habitats at various national parks and reserves throughout the country.
- Experience the Avenue of the Baobabs: An iconic avenue lined with towering baobab trees that’s one of Madagascar’s most photographed locations.
- Relax on the beaches: Madagascar boasts numerous stunning beaches, including the famous Nosy Be island, where visitors can enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing.
- Visit the Royal Hill of Ambohimanga: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, an ancient royal city, and a burial site for Malagasy monarchs, with breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
- Immerse in Malagasy culture: Madagascar’s culture is vibrant and diverse, with traditional music, dance, and crafts. Attend cultural events, explore local markets, and learn about the customs and traditions of the Malagasy people during your Madagascar vacation packages from Canada
- Savor the local cuisine: Malagasy cuisine features a wide array of rice dishes, stews, seafood, and exotic fruits like lychees and mangoes. Relish local specialties like zebu steak and ravitoto, a dish made from cassava leaves.
These are just some of the many things you can do when you travel from Canada to Madagascar. With its varied landscapes, vibrant culture, and abundant wildlife, Madagascar offers a unique and unforgettable Madagascar vacation packages from Canada that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
What precautions should you take for your safety when traveling to Madagascar?
Madagascar is a very popular tourist destination in the southern hemisphere. Nevertheless, this destination remains an underdeveloped country where robberies and aggressions are numerous. Law enforcement agencies are already doing their best to ensure the safety of the population and foreign travelers. Tourists from Canada to Madagascar should also take precautions during their stay. It is safest not to wander around crowded areas, parks and coastal tourist areas alone without local guides. These people know their areas and places of interest like the back of their hand. They can show you all the regions of Madagascar and take tourists to unusual places in complete safety. Please note that the activities of the Consulate of Canada in Antananarivo are temporarily suspended since the Covid-19 pandemic. Canadian tourists should contact the Canadian High Commission in South Africa, in Pretoria, for consular assistance and information.
I can offer some general information that may help you in planning your Madagascar vacation from Canada.
Madagascar is a unique travel destination that offers a variety of experiences, including exploring the island’s diverse wildlife, relaxing on pristine beaches, and experiencing the local culture. If you’re looking for a vacation package, you may want to consider working with a reputable travel agency that specializes in Madagascar travel.
What are the best madagascar vacation packages from Canada?
Madagascar is a unique travel destination that offers a variety of experiences, including exploring the island’s diverse wildlife, relaxing on pristine beaches, and experiencing the local culture. If you’re looking for a vacation package, you may want to consider working with a reputable travel agency that specializes in Madagascar travel such as Tsiky Tour Madagascar
When searching for madagascar vacation packages from Canada, consider the following factors:
- Length of the trip: Madagascar is a large island, and there are many different regions to explore. Consider how much time you have available and what activities you’d like to do before selecting a package.
- Accommodations: Depending on your budget, you may be interested in staying in a luxury resort, an eco-lodge, or a budget-friendly guesthouse. Make sure that the package you choose includes accommodations that meet your needs and preferences.
- Activities: Madagascar has a lot to offer, from hiking through rainforests to visiting lemur parks to scuba diving. Make sure that the Madagascar vacation packages from Canada you choose includes activities that you’re interested in.
- Transportation: Depending on where you’re staying and what activities you’re doing, you may need to arrange transportation within Madagascar. Make sure that the package you choose includes transportation that meets your needs.
- Price: Vacation packages vary widely in price. Make sure that you choose a package that fits your budget and includes all the activities and accommodations you’re looking for.
It’s also important to keep in mind that travel restrictions and entry requirements may be in place due to COVID-19, and these requirements can change at any time. Be sure to check the most up-to-date information before booking your tri
What are the best hotels for travellers from Canada to Madagascar?
Madagascar has a variety of hotels that offer unique experiences, from luxury resorts to charming boutique hotels. Here are some of the best hotels in Madagascar:
- Anjajavy Le Lodge – Located on a private nature reserve on the west coast of Madagascar, this luxury lodge offers beautiful beachfront accommodations and an array of outdoor activities such as hiking, snorkeling, and wildlife watching.
- Constance Tsarabanjina – Situated on a small island off the northwest coast of Madagascar, this resort offers overwater bungalows and beach villas with stunning views of the Indian Ocean. It also features a spa and a variety of water activities such as diving and snorkeling.
- Isalo Rock Lodge – This boutique hotel is located in the stunning Isalo National Park and offers comfortable accommodations with panoramic views of the sandstone formations and mountains. The lodge also features a pool, a spa, and an on-site restaurant.
- Mantadia Lodge – Nestled in the lush rainforest of Andasibe National Park, this eco-lodge offers comfortable bungalows and an immersive rainforest experience. Guests can enjoy guided walks through the park, wildlife watching, and a variety of outdoor activities.
- Palissandre Hotel & Spa – Located in the heart of Antananarivo, Madagascar’s capital city, this luxury hotel offers elegant accommodations, a spa, and a rooftop restaurant with panoramic views of the city.
These are just a few examples of some of the best hotels in Madagascar. As always, it is recommended to research and read reviews before booking to find the best fit for your needs and preferences.
SOUTH EAST 15 DAYS
SOUTH – EAST SOUTH Route : 15 days – 14 nights<br /> Directions : Antananarivo – Antsirabe – Ambositra – Ranomafana – Manakara – south east coast Channel of Pangalanes – Fianarantsoa – Tsaranoro – Ranohira – Tuléar – Ifaty – AntananarivoSEE DETAILS
SOUTH - TSINGY – 15 DAYS
SOUTH ROUTE PASSING THROUGH THE TSINGY – 15 days – 14 nights - Directions: Antananarivo – Antsirabe – Morondava – Bekopaka – Morondava – Antsirabe – Ambositra – Ranomafana – Fianarantsoa – Ranohira – Isalo – Toliary – Ifaty.TOUR DETAILS
SOUTH & SAINTE MARIE 18 DAYS
SOUTH- EAST- SAINTE MARIE Route – 18 days – 17 nights - Directions: Antananarivo – Antsirabe – Ambositra – Ranomafana –Fianarantsoa – Ambalavao – Ranohira – Tuléar –Ifaty – Antananarivo – Andasibe –Tamatave- Mahambo – Sainte Marie – AntananarivoTOUR DETAIL
Submit your review